Call us on 045-241943 | 087-6625636 | 087-1719968 |

Irish Tax Rebate

What is a Tax Rebate

A tax rebate is a refund that is due to a working person in Ireland that has overpaid tax in any of the last four years. There are numerous reasons why people have overpaid tax in any given year, including changing of employments, not claiming all their tax credits and reliefs, paying for medical expenses etc. Claiming a tax rebate in Ireland can become cumbersome task which working people find it hard to fit into their busy schedules. This is why millions of euro in tax rebates go unclaimed each year. Also, there are many people who do not know what they can claim an Irish Tax Rebate on.

The 4 most common ways to claim an Irish Tax Rebate

1. Flat Rate Allowance (Uniform Allowance)

A huge number of people do not claim their annual flat rate allowance for their work uniforms / tools of their trade which are normally not covered by your employer. The range of professions is vast and includes teachers, doctors, nurses, engineers, carpenters, electricians, hotel workers, bar staff etc. The full list of employments are available Here.

2. Tax Rebate from Medical Expenses

If you have paid for medical expenses in any of the last four years, you could be missing out on a tax rebate. Health expenses are one of the most common ways to get a tax rebate. You can claim 20% tax relief on most medical expenses excluding routine dental and eye care. If you have paid for prescription costs, consultant costs, hospital visits or non-routine dental expenses, you could be missing out on a tax rebate. You can claim tax relief on medical expenses for you, your partner, your children and relatives as long as you have paid for those expenses yourself and you have not been reimbursed for these from another source. You may qualify for 40% tax relief on nursing home fees that you have paid. If you register online here  we will check if you are due a Tax Rebate from Medical Expenses .

3. Home Carers Credit

If you are married or in a civil partnership and you care for one or more dependent persons, you could be missing out on claiming this additional tax rebate. The tax credit for 2018 is worth €1,200 so it is a valuable credit to be missing out on. The home carer needs to be earning less than €9,600 in 2018 in order to qualify for the credit and under €7,200 to claim the full tax credit. The credit still applies to the home carer earning between €7,200 and €9,600 but it is on a sliding scale. Click Here for the different levels of income  

4. Tuition Fees

A tax rebate could be due if you have paid for certain 3rd Level courses including approved undergraduate courses (both part time and full time) and postgraduate courses. Tax relief is available for tuition fees including student contribution fees for any of the last four years. A full list of the courses are available Here. However, the first €3,000 for a full-time course and €1,500 for a part-time course is disregarded from the qualifying tuition fees.  

How do I claim my Irish Tax Rebate

By completing our simple Online Registration Form, our team of qualified Chartered Accountants will be able to review your taxes and ensure that you are claiming the tax credits and reliefs that you are entitled to claim. Once registered we will review your taxes for the last four years and ensure you are claiming all your tax entitlements. We are here to get you YourMoneyBack.

If you have any questions on the above or if you just need help claiming YourMoneyBack, feel free to contact us today. With our expertise we will ensure that you claim the maximum tax rebate available and our fees are the lowest in Ireland. Plus, if you are not due a tax refund then there is no charge. Simply complete our Online Registration Form and we do the rest. Don’t miss your chance for a tax refund and Apply Today for YourMoneyBack!